boston… where no one knows my name
- ^ Not exactly true but I was trying to be clever.
- The Charles River is beautiful. I prefer walking/running along the MIT side because the Boston view is better. The trick, I’ve realized, is to build universities opposite cities across a body of water (ex. Berkeley - San Francisco). That way, the view for the students, at certain areas facing the city, is fantastic, and reminds them that the whole world is out there, or something cheesy like that.
- Sorry Boston/Cambridge, but Bay Area food is better and cheaper (overall).
- I thought Berkeley weather was bipolar, but now I realize that it was really just a bit moody.
- Five years after my first visit to Cambridge, my views on MIT and Harvard have completely changed. I now realize that Berkeley Engineering has been brainwashing me this whole time to truly appreciate nerdiness.
- West Coast is still the Best Coast. However, Boston/Cambridge is still winning as my favorite city on the East (not that I’ve been to that many on the east, but still). I suspect it has something to do with the fact that in many ways Cambridge is Palo Alto and Berkeley combined.